The Gallery exhibit in January or 1998. Left in striped shirt, Alma Gelinas, the Town Crier was Marc Gagnon, Spokesperson on the right Annette Génier-Sturgeon.
Expressions West Nipissing Art Gallery Timeline
1. « Art in the Street » - artists set up under a tent on Main Street during the Step Dance and Fiddle Festival
2. Artists participate in the «Harvest Festival»
3. «Art in the Street» added art workshops for children
4. Renowned watercolour artist, Jack Lockhart conducted a weekend workshop for fourteen members of the Gallery
5. Watercolour seminar conducted by Lozia Daoust from Sudbury
6. Sr Rachel Labonté offered her studio for artists to paint together
7. Weekend workshop with watercolour wildlife artist Debra Lynn Ireland
8. «Art in the Street» artists welcomed visitors at the Gallery during the Step D
Dance and Fiddle Festival
9. Collaborative project called ‘Mystery Painting’ saw everyone working together
to produce and unveil a mystery which was then shared at the exhibit opening
10. Artists were located at different places in town with their easels, painting for
passersby who stopped to watch the artists as they worked.
11. Saturdays, when it was not raining, a group of artists painted in the parking
lot on the corner of Main and Front Street
12. Artists participated in a ‘Puzzle Painting’ where each artist was given a small
part of a puzzle which was repainted in a larger format. These pieces were
then assembled to create a larger painting.
13. New website created www.expressionswestnipissing.weebly.com
14. A literary blog featuring submissions by our authors and poets was added to
15. At the November exhibit opening step-dancer Michel LaBelle and well-known
singer Ivory Higdon entertained everyone
16. Artists began to use the Gallery as a studio one afternoon a week
17. During the spring of 2011, some of our artists participated in the «Garden
Show» at the Complex.
18. Our executive met with representatives from the Ontario Art Council including
Kristian Clark, Executive Director of CARFAC, to discuss possibilities for the
Expressions West Nipissing Art Gallery within the larger context of the arts in
19. The Gallery sponsored a workshop by Pierrette Lapierre of Azilda «The Visual
in the Invisible»
20. Logo designed by Simone Desormiers was deemed to best reflect the
21. The new logo which has been applied to a pin
22. Louisette Tousignant designed the cover of our invitation card
23. A pamphlet was created and printed for publicity purposes
24. Profile of each artist displayed with each artist’s work
25. New PowerPoint video to reflect the Gallery’s ten years
26. Current members contacted about 80 former members to request their
participation in the tenth anniversary celebration.
27. Vernissage 'Inspirations' in collaboration with the Alliance Center May 5th,
29. Watercolour workshop with Jack Lockhart.
30. Watercolour and acrylic on modelling paste with Jack Lockhart.
31. Fundraising workshops for Gallery projects: Painted Umbrellas
32. Vernissage 'Green With Envy' May 4th. Umbrellas are also available for sale.
33. Vernissage ' Memories of Yore' October 26, 2014.
34. Soapstone Workshop - November 15, 2014 - Gord Desveaux
35. Outgoing executive: President - Paulyne Charron; Secretary - Raymonde Gaudette; Treasurer - Louisette Toussignant
36. New executive: President - Hélène Chayer; Secretary - Lana Richardson; Treasurer - Marielle Lamarche; Publicity - Isabel Mosseler
37. Pastel workshop - Louisette Toussignant
38. Expressions! becomes a member of BRAVO
39. Beginning in April , Expressions West Nipissing Art Gallery is open on Sundays from 1:00 - 4:00 by member's initiative.
40. Expressions becomes a member of the Chamber of Commerce as of May.
41. Vernissage - Exhibit 'Elements' May 3, 2015
42. Vernissage - Exhibit: Rivers and Lakes October 25, 2015
43. Mural Project: West Nipissing Complex
44. Flower Pots
45. Vernissage - Open Theme April 24th, 2016